Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Studios Orlando
Dates: September 23, 24, 29, 30
October 1-2, 6-9, 13-16, 19-23, 26-31, 2011
Get ready to face your worst and deepest fears at Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights XX1. On selected nights in September and October, Universal Orlando will take terror to a whole new level. Featuring new scarezones, hundreds of frightening “scareactors", and outstanding live entertainment.
Lady Luck is the force behind this year’s event, and she awaits those brave enough to challenge her and take a chance. Her main weapon is choice, and her desire is for you to make yours. Scream as you become prey to fiendish creatures, come face-to-face with a horrifying “thing,” feel chills as you are haunted by deceased souls – and watch in paralyzing fear as Lady Luck transforms from a tempting seductress to a bloodthirsty beast. No matter what you decide, you can’t escape the terror she has in store at Halloween Horror Nights 2011.
Halloween Horror Nights 2011
The moment we’ve all been waiting for is finally here and Halloween Horror Nights XXI is here! For 25 selected nights, Universal Studios Florida will be home to eight new horrifying haunted houses, six frightening scare-zones, hundreds of “scareactors” and outrageous live shows. And if you experienced it yourself, you will immediately understand why "Halloween Horror Nights" is now for two decades, the most popular Halloween event in the U.S.
Now in its 21st year, Halloween Horror Nights annually draws hundreds of thousands of horror fans from around the globe to this one-of-a-kind event. This event is not for everyone, but for horror films fans, suspence and sci-fi horror this event is a must see.
Tony Timpone, Editor of Fangoria Magazine, said, "After visiting scream parks all across the U.S. for the last 20 years, I can easily say that Universal's is the best in the business… "Halloween Horror Nights is the ultimate Halloween experience.
2011 Halloween Horror Nights haunted houses:
- Nevermore: The Madness of Poe: The madness of Edgar Allen Poe's greatest works has come to life. Step into the mind of the iconic writer, where every turn of the page takes you closer to the brink of insanity.
- The Forsaken: Four ships began Columbus’s fateful voyage, only three became legend. Condemned to a watery grave, the mutinous and cursed crew of that 4th ship has returned with a vengeance. For within the walls of a Spanish fort, a maelstrom has brought from the depths....death itself.
- H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Holidays of Horror Join creature feature host, H.R. Bloodengutz, in his final televised broadcast as he presents a SCARE-athon of holiday-based horror that is guaranteed to cleave you screaming for more.
- The Thing: Paranoia spreads like an epidemic among a group of researchers in an isolated Antarctic outpost as they are infected, one by one, by a horrifying creature from another planet. In a place where there is nothing, they found something.
- Saws N’ Steam: Into the Machine Spinning blades and massive, crushing pistons await you around every corner as you are forced deeper into the bowels of a mechanical nightmare. Give yourself to “The Machine.”
- The In-Between: An ominous portal reveals a 3rd dimension where all is not what it seems: a realm where our world and another collide. Surrounded by fiendish creatures, your eyes will deceive you with every step through this phantasm of terror.
- Winter’s Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery As snow falls on this normally serene gothic cemetery, the deceased souls that occupy its confines have their sights set upon you, insuring that the chill you feel up your spine is more than just the cold of night.
- Nightingales: Blood Prey Within every war, the Nightingales have appeared. Able to transform themselves to fit any setting, these savage banshees feed on the weak and the helpless. Patrolling WWI era trenches, you discover that you are more than just at war…you’re being hunted.
2011 Halloween Horror Nights Frightening Scare Zones:
- Acid Assault: For decades now the city has been degrading from the effects of Acid Rain that still falls today, caused by factories which sprung up on the city’s edges during the 20th century. Those that have lived and survived the blistering decay are all alone in the city. Survivors have stripped the city of all life to sustain their own…dare to enter the ACID ASSAULT.
- Canyon of Dark Souls: Upon entering into the Canyon of Dark Souls, you will feel like a small spec of humanity as the overwhelming sense of death surrounds you. Creatures that dwell within the Canyon are not welcoming so walk slowly as to not disturb them.
- Grown Evil: Enter, if you dare, into our garden where Evil grows. Nature has taken this once well manicured sanctuary back from the humans who once kept it. Now the creatures that inhabit the garden are making any human that enters their prey.
- NightMaze: Journey through the ever changing maze of darkness. This all black maze will morph and change as you walk through it. You will not be scared the same way twice.
- 7: As daylight shines upon our Temptresses, their appearance, though evil, allows you the spectacle of beauty. As night falls, these 7 temptresses will show their true colors and take on their true Fatal Evil forms. Beware of your own temptations.
- Your Luck Has Run Out: Enter if you dare into the lair of the LUCKY! Your choices will determine if you make it out alive. Witness lucks deadly wrath, will she choose you to be her next victim?
2011 Halloween Horror Nights Live Shows
Two live shows will be back this year:
- “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure” - A must see! Party on with Bill and Ted as they encounter the villains and heroes of the most memorable TV shows, movies and more.
- “Death Drums” - A seductive, hard-hitting and raw extreme drumming experience.
2011 Halloween Horror Nights tours
- R.I.P. Tours: - Experience all of the terror and all of the fun of Halloween Horror Nights in a guided walking tour through the haunted houses and get reserved seating at Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure without waiting in line. Private and non private tours available. Price from: $150.00 per person. To reserve your R.I.P. Tour, please call (407) 363-8295.
- Express Pass: Skip the regular lines at all haunted houses. Each Express Pass allows one entry, per person to each participating Express attraction. Halloween Horror Nights Express is valid only during the event. Price from: $39.99 per person.
Come and see it yourself. It’s the greatest exhibition of pure horror and terror ever unleashed anywhere, and you can experience it all, LIVE, only at Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights.
Gates: Open at 6:30pm each night.
2011 Halloween Horror Nights Tickets
Halloween Horror Nights runs September 23-24, September 29-30, October 1-2, 6-9, 13-16, 19-23 and 26-31. Tickets and vacation packages are on sale now and can be purchased at www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando.
Due to the event’s popularity, tickets for weekend nights are expected to sell out and should be purchased in advance. This event is not recommended for small children and guests who are not comfortable watching horror films. No costumes or masks are allowed to be worn at Halloween Horror Nights.
Looking for not-so-scary Halloween venues in Orlando? Visit Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party or SeaWorld Halloween Spooktacular. Besides these events there are many other things to do in Orlando for the whole family to enjoy.
Universal Studios Events
Come celebrate 25 years of unforgettable moments at Universal Orlando’s 25th Anniversary Concert Series. In addition to all your favorite rides, shows and attractions, on select nights May 23 – June 20 the stage at Universal Studios will come alive with amazing live performances. May 23 - Prince Royce, May 24 - Shawn Mendes, May 30 - Pitbull, June 6 - Kellie Pickler, June 13 - Huey Lewis and the News, June 20 - Goo Goo Dolls.
Other great Universal Escapes!