Orlando is always changing! Every year is different with many exciting new experiences and upgrades, take this year for example, with ‘Have you experienced the new attractions of 2018?’. 2019 looks to be the same, with plenty of thrilling launches throughout the year. Make sure you wear comfy shoes when you visit Orlando so that you can run around to enjoy them all. This article will provide you with 10 awesome new attractions, hotels and restaurants to add to your Orlando itinerary.
New to Disney World Resort, Orlando
1) Hollywood Studios will be welcoming ‘Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge’ to its cinema inspired World and will feature two attractions for all Star Wars fans. This could be your only opportunity to board the famous Millennium Falcon.
2) At last! A ride totally dedicated the Walt Disney’s first magical character, Mickey Mouse. Based in Hollywood Studios you and your family can now immerse yourselves in the world of the original Disney cartoon on ‘Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway.’
3) A popular show from Disneyland Paris is travelling over the Atlantic Ocean to Florida. Based on the Cars franchise, guests will soon be thoroughly entertained by the live driving show ‘Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy.’
4) A new resort is being added to the growing vacation club at Disney. The ‘Disney Riviera Resort’ will offer spectacular views of both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. It will also provide easier access to various points of the park.
5) Disney Springs, formally Downtown Disney, will be launching a brand-new top of the range restaurant, ‘The NBA Experience’. For the ultimate sports and basketball fan, coupled with great food and beer, visitors can enjoy the interactive games, and watch live sporting events on TV’s we all would love to own ourselves.
>> If you love all things Disney, then this article may be of great interest, ‘Comfy Hotels with a FREE Shuttle to Disney World‘ <<
New to Universal Orlando Resort
6) There is a highly anticipated ride soon to be unveiled within the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal’s Island of Adventure. The new roller coaster is not an addition but a replacement. It will take the spot of the “Dragon Challenge.” The details and name remain top secret. So, watch this space!
7) In the summer of 2019, Universal Orlando Resort are opening ‘Surfside Inn and Suites.’ This more affordable accommodation is perfect for those that want to get an early start on all the movie inspired rollercoasters.
>>There are plenty of food options around the parks within Universal Orlando Resort. You can learn more about them before you depart for Orlando with ‘Universal Studios Restaurant and Dining Options.’ <<
New to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica
8) A great attraction for young kids will be opening in the Spring at SeaWorld. It is ‘Sesame Street Land’, and will include fun rides, character meet and greets, the much loved 123 stoop and a daily parade of the Sesame Street friends.
9) The water theme park, Aquatica, is getting a new family thrill ride called ‘KareKare Curl’. This challenging water adventure will involve climbing a vertical wave wall.
>> SeaWorld’s Ultimate Waterpark, Aquatica is still quite new too many visitors. Read our guide for Aquatica here. <<
New to LEGOLAND Florida Resort
10) With the huge success of the Lego movies, LEGOLAND will be opening, ‘Lego Movie World’, in Spring 2019. The major highlight will be a 180-degree 4D show which will include splashing water and smells.
Which one do you want to visit first? Share your Orlando photos with us on Instagram using @hotelsescape, with the hashtag #disneyescape19.