We all imagine the Orlando sky as a sunny clear blue sky, but like everywhere it has dark, cloudy and wet days. In fact, Orlando receives more than 60 inches of rain every year. The rain season starts in June and lasts through to September. However, this doesn’t mean it is going to rain every day or even all day. In the summer, the rain usually arrives in the afternoon, as a short shower, accompanied by thunder and lightning. If you experience this, simply take shelter for protection and wait it out. You will soon dry off as the summer heat remains strong throughout the day.
Be prepared for rain in Orlando
Occasionally, Orlando will have a cloudy day with intermittent rain. On this types of days visiting the outdoor theme parks may not be an option. So, just in case this happens, its best to have a few indoor activities up your sleeve.
When you go on holiday, especially with children, it’s important to be prepared. To help you with; things to do; in Orlando when it rains, here is a list of attractions and activities to keep the family happy and having fun.
25 indoor activities for a rainy day in Orlando
- See what it’s like in an American school gym class at Skyzone. Here you can play dodgeball and practice trampolining.
- Become a NASCAR driver at I-Drive NASCAR.
- Find clues and solve puzzles at Escapology, in order to break out of the 60-minute escape room experience.
- Be amazed and have fun with the family at Ripley’s Believe it or Not!
- If your kids love to color-in, then the Crayola Experience is the place to go in order to escape the Orlando rain.
- Enjoy live music, specialty shops, and fine dining at Pointe Orlando. It is open 11 am – 9 pm.
- “Let your imagination run wild” at the indoor amusement park, WonderWorks, on International Drive.
- Choose from 4 art galleries at the CityArts Factory.
- Be thoroughly entertained and amazed at the Medieval Times Dinner and Knights Tournament.
- Learn something new and be entertained at the Orlando Science Centre.
- Stay dry and buy the latest fashion trends at the Mall of Millenia.
- Go bowling and count the strikes at Splitsville Luxury Lanes.
- Pretend to be Superman and fly at Orlando’s indoor skydiving center, iFly. It’s open till late!
- Visit Cacao Heaven at the Chocolate Kingdom and discover all there is to know about the tasty treat.
- Get out of the rain at the indoor aquarium, Sea Life Orlando.
- If you have a need for speed head to Andretti Indoor Go-Karting.
- Admire local art at the Orlando Museum of Art.
- Relax and enjoy the most recent blockbuster movie at Regal Cinemas on International Drive. Don’t forget the popcorn!
- Be a guest on the most famous ship at The Titanic Experience, which is the World largest permanent Titanic exhibition.
- Have a great meal, a few laughs and solve a crime at Sleuths Mystery Dinner Show on International Drive.
- Go celebrity spotting at Madam Tussauds Orlando. Have a selfie with Ryan Gosling, Taylor Swift and ride Elliott’s bike with E.T.
- View Earl Cunningham’s body of art at the Mennello Museum of American Art at 900 E Princeton St.
- A very entertaining day can be had to play the Arcade Games and completing the High Ropes Course at Main Event.
- Visit M&M World at the Florida Mall – Fill up on your favorite M&M.
- Did you escape the room at Escapology? If so, try America’s Escape Game and/or Breakout Escape Rooms.
The wet weather doesn’t have to stop your Orlando vacation from being the best family holiday ever. With this list of exciting attractions and activities, Orlando can be fun whatever the weather.