There are lots of events taking place at Walt Disney World in Orlando this summer, and the Fall will be exactly the same, with magic and fun galore!
If you plan on visiting Orlando from mid-August onwards, you’ll be able to experience something a little different but equally as wonderful.
Here are 9 experiences not to miss!
1. Disney Springs Bounces into Basketball Season
NBA Experience at Disney Springs® will be starting the basketball season early on August 12th, 2019 with a championship-worthy grand opening. Discover what it’s like to be a basketball superstar by entering this modern NBA arena. The magic of Disney will blend into the wonders of the NBA and WNBA in more than 10 unique interactive and practical basketball experiences.
2. Magic Kingdom Hosts New Fireworks Show for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
From August 16th to November 1st, 2019, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will be held on 36 select nights. To experience this great event you’ll need a special ticket. This extravaganza includes:
- A brand-new Halloween-themed night-time show, that shows how anything can happen on Halloween night. Expect epic projection effects, with lasers, lights and dazzling fireworks.
- A trick-or-treating adventure, in a mysterious haunted house along with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy.
3. Record Number of Days Planned for Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Over the course of a whopping 87 days, Epcot® will celebrate cuisine, music and more at the International Food & Wine Festival. Events start on August 29th until November 23rd, 2019. Expect no ordinary food festival, will be exciting marketplaces, culinary demonstrations, beverage seminars, the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and specialty merchandise.
4. Say Hello to “Epcot Forever”
The long-standing “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” is being updated and replaced with “Epcot Forever,” debuting on October 1st, 2019.
You’ll be marveled and amazed as you look upon the gorgeous World Showcase lagoon at night as you experience an entertaining firework, fountain and laser show, which will reflect the achievements of humanity. The show will, of course, be accompanied by an emotion-evoking the collection of songs.
5. Feel the Force in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
While visiting the new intergalactic land, you can:
- Have a drink at Oga’s Cantina
- Discover rare items at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities
- Control Han Solo’s ship at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and hurtle through space on a smuggling mission
- Plus sooooo much more
6. The New Disney Skyliner Takes Flight
This Fall you will be able to experience unique and fantastic views of the Disney parks and experience a new form of transportation around Walt Disney World on board the Disney Skyliner.
The gondola like system will connect visitors from Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot to five resort hotels. Great for people staying at:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort,
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort,
- Disney’s Riviera Resort (opening mid-December).
7. Night-time beauty at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
The night-time show “Rivers of Light: We Are One” will come to life in the Fall, as the early nights take hold. Based in Disney’s Animal Kingdom® on Discovery River, this loveable display will feature theatrical new imagery as well as favorite animal characters and moments from Disney animations.
8. Disney Resort Hotels Have Plenty New to Explore
From the end of summer thru to mid-December Disney guests will have new choices when it comes to accommodation and places to eat:
- Gran Destino Tower will soon be opening, within Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, adding a capacity of 500 guests. Along with cozy beds, the tower will include a fantastic rooftop restaurant.
- By mid-December, you can also choose to stay at the European Riviera-inspired Disney’s Riviera Resort, which is part of the Disney Vacation Club properties.
- A new waterfront dining experience and retail shopping area will be opening at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
9. Celebrate 10 years of RunDisney at the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon
The 2019 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend, operated by RunDisney will be taking place from October 31st to November 3rd, 2019. This year, celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the event, by entering a 5K, 10K or half marathon, they also have a kids’ race. Each and every mile will be joyful as you are accompanied by inspiring and magical Disney music.
For more details including after parties and ticket prices, visit rundisney.com.