- Experience a Hot Air Ballon Ride: Schedule a fun and exciting hot air ballon ride around Disney World and Central Florida Area. Float effortlessly along in what most people who have experienced call “Absolute Peaceful Bliss”. Departures offered seven days a week at sunrise. Reservations required.
- Visit Green Meadows Petting Farm – get up close and personal with goats, sheeps, donkeys, pigs, cows, horses, ponies, turkeys, ducks, chickens, bunnies, and much more. Enjoy the tractor-drawn hayride, the train ride around the farm and pony rides for the kids.
- If you have not experience an airboat ride, you don’t know what you are missing. Take an Orlando Airboat Adventure on Lake Toho, only minutes from Walt Disney World. Transport yourself through a water lock system and into the wilderness that was the true Florida 100 years ago. View the great outdoors and the headwaters that actually feed the Everglades. Let Captain Jim take you to all kinds of wildlife and beautiful scenery. To make reservations visit http://www.aorlandoairboats.com or call 407-572-5391. Hotel pick-up available. Make your reservations today!
- Stay in Kissimmee Hotels: From national chain hotels and motels, villas and suites, condos and vacation homes, as well as campgrounds and time-share units, Kissimmee has nearly 45,000 total accommodations to suit any budget and any number of people. Whether it’s a family’s first vacation or 10th, a couple looking to indulge in a luxurious romantic getaway or a reunion for 25 and more, a property in Kissimmee is going to make that dream come true.
- Attractions: Kissimmee is minutes away from Walt Disney World, SeaWorld Orlando and Universal Studios, and a short drive to Kennedy Space Center. But that’s not all. Kissimmee also is centrally located to a host of smaller attractions that bring dreams to life. Classic car fans can’t miss the weekly car cruise at Old Town. Drop in at Gatorland for a look at the state’s famous cold-blooded residents. Visit Green Meadows Petting Farmproviding hands-on guided tours to educate children and adults about farm animals. Fly like the aces of yester-year in the Premier Fighter-Trainer of WWII at Warbird Adventures. Name it and visitors will find it in Kissimmee: miniature golf, balloon and helicopter rides, and a whole lot more.
- Golf Courses: A day on the links is a day in paradise for some and Kissimmee has more than its share of golf courses that will challenge any skill level. Many courses were designed by legends of the game, including Johnny Miller’s course at Harmony Golf Preserve, Tom Watson and Arnold Palmer at Reunion Resort and Greg Norman at ChampionsGate Golf Resort. Plus there are more than visitors can imagine of public and resort courses, including Mystic Dunes, Falcon’s Fire Golf Club and Celebration Golf Club.
- Entertainment: Concerts, professional and amateur sports, traveling children’s shows, spectacular dinner attractions, theatrical performances and live music at local eateries, Kissimmee’s nightlife appeals to visitors of all ages.
Silver Spurs Arena at Osceola Heritage Park has hosted headlining acts such as Maroon5, Hilary Duff and country superstar Alan Jackson, as well as “Sesame Street Live!” and “Bob the Builder Live!” Championship tournaments for Olympic-class gymnastics, equestrian events, martial arts competitions and indoor football also have been held on the arena floor. The arena is also home to the Florida Seals minor league hockey with non-stop action from October to March. The Osceola County Stadium at OHP is the spring training home to the Houston Astros. Outside of OHP, crowds also enjoy cheering for their favorite knight at Medieval Times or swooning at the love story at Arabian Nights, only a few among a number of Kissimmee-area dinner attractions.
- Nature: Kissimmee has carefully preserved its natural environment, and various attractions offer visitors a chance to get away from the bustle of modern life and reconnect with nature. Forever Florida, Green Meadows Petting Farm, Horse World, The Nature Conservancy’s Disney Wilderness Preserve are just some of those. Boggy Creek Airboat Rides and Scenic Lake Tours provide spectacular tours of Lake Tohopekaliga. The Kissimmee Chain of Lakes also provides anglers with world-class fishing year-round, and Kissimmee is also a short drive from beautiful sandy beaches along Florida’s coasts, where travelers can soak up the sun.
- History and Culture: Before Walt Disney came to town and changed the face of Kissimmee forever, the area was best known for its cattle industry and the Silver Spurs Rodeo. Today, that heritage is still evident in the preserved downtown areas of Kissimmee and St. Cloud, and in the Silver Spurs event still held every year but which is now housed in a new climate-controlled arena at OHP and in the weekly rodeos at Kissimmee Sports Arena. Visitors also will enjoy one of the many special events throughout the year, including a monthly art and concert in Toho Square, and cultural, food and music festivals.
- Shopping: Travelers with visions of great deals on designer bags and clothes, of finding hidden treasure among the shelves of an antique store or indulging their shopping passion at a high-end boutique will find it all in Kissimmee. Stop by Kissimmee’s newest shopping, dining and entertainment center, The Loop, with 400,000-square-feet of retail options — and more to come — in a pedestrian-friendly, open-air atmosphere. Go outlet shopping at Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores and Orlando Premium Outlets, antiquing along the historic downtown streets of Kissimmee and St. Cloud and find unique gift ideas around Market Street in the neo-classical town of Celebration. Also find familiar favorites at Florida Mall, unique specialty stores at Festival Bay and high-end department stores and shops at Mall at Millenia.
Visit these other great links: